Are You Indispensable?
(New York, New York) – PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur, the original, all-natural pomegranate liqueur, today announces the first-ever “Are You Indispensable?” Cocktail Competition. It will showcase PAMA as the indispensable modifier that provides a delicately balanced sweet-tart flavor, silky texture and a vibrant ruby-red color to cocktails ranging from aperitifs to nightcaps using both clear and aged spirits. The competition is hosted by Hanna Lee Communications, Inc., an award-winning agency specialized in spirits, food, wine, and lifestyle PR and social media marketing.
The competition is exclusively for professional bartenders and mixologists age 21+. Recipes will be accepted from August 1 through October 31, 2013 on www.shakestir.com/PAMA. The competition’s prizes include a Grand Prize of $5,000, a second place prize of $2,000 and a third place prize of $1,000.
A total of six finalists will compete in New York City on Monday, November 18, 2013. They will shake and stir their cocktails for a distinguished judging panel comprised of:
- Paul Pacult – Noted spirits critic and publisher/editor of The Spirit Journal
- Steve Olson – Founder of aka wine geek and renowned spirits, wine and cocktail expert
- Julie Reiner – Doyenne of cocktails and owner of Flatiron Lounge and Clover Club
- Eben Freeman – Director of Bar Operations and Innovation at the Alta Marea Group
- Kate Shapira Latts – Director of Marketing and a member of the third generation of the family behind Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc., the parent company of PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
“We are proud to present the first-ever ‘Are You Indispensable?’ Cocktail Competition that spotlights PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur,” says Hanna Lee, President and Founder, Hanna Lee Communications. “The competition demonstrates the infinite creativity of bartenders and how PAMA, as the indispensable modifier, can help them break new ground in cocktail greatness.”
“PAMA has long supported the bartending community since its launch several years ago and this competition celebrates their ingenuity,” says Brittany Capito, PAMA Brand Manager, Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. “We’re excited to provide bartenders with a competitive edge and a platform for them to shine.”
The competition’s partner is ShakeStir.com, a leading online community for bartenders and mixologists.